Saturday, October 3, 2009

A group I'm starting!



For all you parents out there reading this in the San Fernando Valley, I'm starting up a chapter of Holistic Moms Network. It's a national organization with over 120 chapters, but there's no chapter in the valley. This shocked me, so I'm taking things into my own hands and starting up our very own chapter. Also, because I just felt like I didn't have anything to do with all my free time.

It's a support group for people who want to try to live more holistically and learn how to raise their kids in this same way. It's for moms, dads, adoptive parents, gay/lesbian parents, and significant others!!! Bring your kids~ everyone is welcome. We meet once a month and we'll always have a topic to discuss with various speakers, health care providers, or sometimes just a bunch of us sharing our stories.

We're still looking for a place to hold our meetings but if anyone is interested in finding out more info please email me at HMNsfv@me.com so that I can notify you once things are set. We'll meet on the second Monday of every month, with our first one happening on Nov. 9th! Put it on your calendars and make sure you pass on the word to other like-minded peeps!!!

Also, if anyone has any cool connections to free meeting spaces, then let me know. I will forever be indebted to you!!!!!

If you want more info on the organization itself check out: www.holisticmoms.org We're a pretty cool group of people, if I do say so myself.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment