Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Is That a Toy Boy I see?

Why is it when the boy has every imaginable toy in his possession the most exciting thing to play with is the metal trash can?





Right before this picture was taken he was attempting to put the dog's tail in his mouth. Can't you just see the guilty look on his face?







People seemed to not believe me when I said the boy has too many toys. Perhaps they thought I was being gracious by saying, "Oh, please don't buy him anything. He really has too much." While I am very grateful for the many wonderful gifts we have received, from the looks of this picture, I think it's safe to say he really has too much.

And actually, this picture shows only half of it. It does not show the toys that were too heavy to add to the pile, or the toys in the shed that are not for his age yet. The picture also does not show the three cribs, two playpens, a crawling safari tunnel, and two jumpers he has. Almost all of these toys make some kind of noise, light up, or roll around. They do not, however, clean my house, wash the dogs, or cook dinner. Useless, I tell you!!!

Now in my defense, I did NOT buy him all of these things. In addition, most of them were not even gifts. Thanks to the wonderful world of my old job I was able to obtain loads and loads of toys. For free! Nice, huh? I don't feel guilty at all... until I see some poor child playing with a metal trash can because that is his only toy. One of these days I will make it into a donation center.

Now, as I am typing he is getting the biggest kick out of hitting the metal trash can with his rattle. He prefers the noise the trash can makes over the noise of the rattle. Hours of entertainment. But selling a metal trash can as a child's toy just wouldn't be marketable.

No comments:

Post a Comment